Hi there! Thanks for checking out my topics page.
For twenty years I’ve had the joy of speaking at weekend retreats, moms’ meetings, church seminars and classes, writers and ministry conferences, and Sunday-morning gatherings. No group is too large or too small, and I don’t charge a set speaking fee (let’s talk about it).
Below are some topics I’m passionate about, but if your group has another idea for your special event, let’s create something together!
Infuse! Adding God’s flavor to what you’re already doing
What happens when we take something ordinary, like water, oil, or tea, and add a handful of something flavorful and healthy? What happens when we take a slice of everyday life and boost it with a spiritual discipline, something that helps us grow in our love-relationship with Jesus, and equips us to impact our family, church, community, and world for Him?
Infuse! is a biblical, inspirational, and highly practical tool that every woman can use to incorporate sustainable spiritual practices into six categories of everyday life.
- Infuse Your God Life with Study – To some, the Bible seems boring, hard to understand, and even irrelevant to modern-day life. In this session we’ll talk about how to read and enjoy the Bible for ourselves, instead of relying on devotionals, sermons, or studies.
- Infuse Your Home Life with Simplicity – Without a plan, our time, money, and energy can be consumed playing house. In this session we’ll learn how to make the place where we live into a warm, clean, and productive environment and create room to love God and love people.
- Infuse Your Ministry Life with Solitude – Jesus was sent to do His Father’s work – and so are we! In this session we’ll talk about how God reveals and equips us for the ministry He’s call us to, instead of letting ourselves be roped into any open position.
- Infuse Your Physical Life with Gratitude – We live in prosperity compared to most in the world, yet we often complain when we look in our fridge, the closet, or in the mirror. In this session we’ll consider developing an attitude of gratitude when it comes to what we put in and on our bodies.
- Infuse Your Recreational Life with Celebration – Imagine you could go anywhere and do anything with one whole day! Where would you go and what would you do? In this session we’ll explore how to revive our spirits and refresh our souls instead of giving into all-or-nothing mentality and squandering our free time.
- Infuse Your Social Life with Silence – To communicate with our family, friends, neighbors, and strangers, we need to talk, right? In this session we’ll receive wisdom from Proverbs and learn how to set aside our agenda and lean into the lives of others.
(Infuse! is perfect for a weekend retreat; half- or one-day conference; and individually as workshop topics)
How To Speak When You’re Not a Speaker
Has God given you a message to share—something to inspire, teach, entertain, or bring awareness to—but you are not a speaker? (Ugh!) That’s how I got started.
In this practical, biblically based, step-by-step workshop for beginners, you can learn how to: find an audience and build a speaking ministry; prepare an effective message for any size audience and any length of time; and deliver an engaging talk that listeners will remember. This topic is especially helpful for writers, missionaries … actually anyone who has something to say! (one- or two-part workshop)
What I Know About Leadership
Your heart is in the right place—you’re passionate to serve in your position—but sometimes things get off-track.
Hear the takeaways from my experience in leadership—the failures and victories—and learn how to become a more organized and effective leader, and sustain your role by knowing your mission; never underestimating your need for training and support; playing to your strengths; leading like a man (oh!); and remembering you can’t pour from an empty vessel. (workshop)
Tell Me the (New) Old Story
Women are gobbling up fiction at a phenomenal rate—stories of romance, mystery, and miracles—and a little relaxation and escape isn’t a bad thing! In fact, some fiction will change your heart. But did you know that when you read eleven books of the Old Testament, you can go on a historical journey from the beginning to the end of Old Testament time through books that read like fiction?
Full of characters and action, plots and drama, and even some comedy, the Bible is jam-packed with true stories about people like you and me. Learn a Bible-reading plan that will change the way you see your life in the timeline of God’s story because “…whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope” (Romans 15:4, ESV). (workshop, half- or full-day event, weekend retreat)